Water Damage & Restoration
If your home or business has experienced leaks or flooding, contact the experts at Mold Doctors USA. We have the experience and expertise to fully restore your property as seamlessly and quickly as possible.
With 24/7 around-the-clock services, 365 days a year, you can have peace of mind knowing that we are able to service your emergency promptly. Wherever your property is located, if you have had a flood, water removal is absolutely essential to ensure moisture levels remain at bay so there isn’t any mold or microbial growth. Mold Doctors USA understands that this can be a very difficult and emotional time, so that is why we are here to help. We have a 24-hour emergency answering service to ensure our phone lines are answered live and that we are able to ensure a quick emergency response.
The bacteria, viruses, and mold that start to grow in the standing flood water can make anyone on the property extremely ill. Be sure not to eat anything that was left in the property, even if it smells or looks safe.
If you ever have a home or property flood, be sure to act quickly. The quicker you act, the less damage is likely to occur and the safer you will be. Once we arrive, our certified service techs conduct a comprehensive and thorough investigation of the damage using state-of-the-art equipment. We use hygrometers, axial fans, and other moisture detection devices to find moisture hidden in walls, ceilings, or flooring. The first step in restoration is to secure all personal belongings (furniture, clothing, or electronics) thus preventing them from becoming soaked and moldy. The second step is to begin deploying water extraction and drying equipment to wet areas. The use of our state-of-the-art equipment ensures that any existing moisture from the building materials is dried promptly. This process can take less than 24 hours or up to several days, depending on the magnitude of the water damage.
Water Damage Process
- Call – Call immeadiately after you experience bursting pipes or another event that is causing water damage. Mold Drs. is available 24/7 to offer a fast response to your emergency.
- Stop The Source – If you’re not able to find the source, our first step is to stop the water and find out what kind of water it is (i.e. regular tap water, storm water, etc.)
- Remove Materials – While most building items like carpet and certain wood projects can be saved, many will need to be removed to prevent mold and further damage to salvageable materials. These materials include dry wall, carpet padding, and other high-absorbance materials.
- Remove Water – Once we stage the area for success, Mold Drs. USA uses stat of the art water extraction and dehumidifying machines to take out any and all water from the home. By doing a thorough water removal job, we can prevent harmful mold and fungus from harming your health and possesions.
- Cleaning And Repair – Based on the scale of the damage and the type of water, the next steps involve cleaning residue or debris brought in by the water and working to restore your home to it’s orginial state.
Your crawlspace serves as a cost-effective alternative to a traditional basement, elevating your home off the ground and providing a space for wiring, plumbing, ductwork, and storage. However, crawlspaces are particularly susceptible to moisture in liquid or vapor form, which can invite mold growth and affect the structural stability of your home. Mold Doctors USA can help you protect your biggest investment and your health by offering crawlspace waterproofing, mold removal and crawlspace encapsulation in East Tennessee.
Sources of Moisture in Your Crawlspace
There are many ways moisture can penetrate your crawlspace, setting the stage for trouble. Crawlspace waterproofing and crawlspace dehumidifier installation provide comprehensive protection from all sources of moisture, both within and without. However, sometimes this is just not necessary. There is not a standard treatment that cures the ailment of every patient. Investigation and fact finding will help you find the perfect solution for your leaking or wet crawlspace.
Possible sources of moisture in your crawlspace include
- High relative humidity, which often occurs when warm outside air is drawn into your cooler crawlspace through vents.
- Leaking plumbing pipes that may pass near or through your crawlspace.
- Poor drainage around your home, which can cause cracks and leaks in your crawlspace walls over time.
- Incomplete coverage of a dirt floor with a vapor barrier or a crawlspace vapor barrier that has deteriorated over time.
- Poorly-designed sprinkler system, which may expose your crawlspace’s walls or vents to excessive water during cycles and lead to leaks or other moisture problems.
Three Signs that Your Crawlspace Needs Waterproofing
Early detection of moisture problems in your crawlspace will reduce the impact of water damage on your health and your home. Knowing the most common signs that you need to schedule crawlspace waterproofing will save you time, money, and stress in the long run. Be sure to look out for:
Dark streaks: Those dark streaks on the walls of your crawlspace are due to water leaking in through the bricks, mortar, or cement that form this space. Over time, even small leaks can weaken the structure of your crawlspace and your home.
A musty odor: If you notice an unpleasant or musty odor in your home even after cleaning, it could be coming from your crawlspace. Musty or damp odors indicate the long-term presence of moisture in this area and the need for crawlspace waterproofing.
Standing water: Standing water is an obvious sign that crawlspace waterproofing is needed as soon as possible. If you have questions or concerns about water or mold in your crawlspace or basement, contact Mold Doctors USA for a free estimate.
(with approved credit)
Transferable warranties available
Please fill out the form below for a free consultation specific to your inquiry.